Virtual Internships – Summer 2020!
Virtual internships allow you to jump-start your career with relevant and valuable work experience in a global environment. They also allow you to develop new global networks of professionals in your desired industry. Working remotely, students will have the flexibility to work with an organization located in a specific international location or work in their preferred internship sector anywhere in the world.
Many companies already conduct work through geographically dispersed teams around the globe. Having experience in this virtual work environment will give you these valuable skills necessary to be successful in a global context:
- Intercultural competence – gain cognitive flexibility on how to approach cultural differences
- Agility – learn to navigate real-world challenges across time zones and cultural boundaries
- Remote technology readiness – practice with virtual platforms and new communication techniques
- Problem-solving finesse – test and practice theories and knowledge learned in class into real-world problem solving through guided experiential learning cycle
- Creativity – take new ideas into effective action
The UO’s GlobalWorks Virtual Internships Include:
- Internship placement in the country and industry sector of your choice
- Project-based work
- Professional development activities
- Regular career coaching
- Internship monitoring and check-ins
- 12 UO credits
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
*More international locations may be available. For those students who were previously accepted into the GlobalWorks Summer 2020 program, you may be able to intern with a company in your original location. Please contact the GlobalWorks office for more details.
Start date: July 24, 2020
End date: September 17, 2020
*Dates may vary depending on host organization.
If you have already been accepted into the Summer 2020 GlobalWorks Internship Program, you are already accepted into the program and do no need to submit any additional materials. If you have not done so already, please contact the GlobalWorks office at email@example.com to move through the virtual placement process.
If you have not yet been accepted into the GlobalWorks program, please submit this application by Friday, May 15 at 5 pm. Positions may be available after deadline. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.